Don’t you love those mornings when you have a lot of time?
Because I surely do! Instead of quickly throwing a bowl of oats together or some whey-quark for breakfast, as usual, I love to treat myself to some delicious protein waffles or protein pancakes! Today, I will share with you my awesome recipe for protein waffles that is perfect for an active person watching their protein intake!
What do you need?
- a waffle-iron (duhh), on medium heat
- cooking spray
- 1/4th cup of ultra-fine oats (or mix up oatmeal in a blender until it has a flour-like consistency) (approximately 22g)
- 1 egg white
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla, but you can pick anything you like!)
- 3 tbsp of almond milk or any other kind of milk
- if you want you can add a few drops of vanilla essence
Stir the oats and protein powder together in a bowl and mix it up with the egg white and the milk. spray your waffle iron with cooking spray and pour in your waffle mixture. Let them bake for a few minutes until they’re ready!
- greek yogurt, fruit (for example like I did, I used raspberry greek yogurt and strawberries) and shredded coconut or cacao nibs
- melted peanut butter and banana
- Nutella and banana
- baked apples, cinnamon, honey and raisins
- red fruits and whipped cream
- … use your imagination!
Enjoy! It tastes amazing 🙂